BUILDINGS AS MATERIAL BANKS
A PATHWAY FOR A CIRCULAR FUTURE
6-7 February 2019, Brussels, Belgium
Time: 6 February 2019 Wednesday halfday (afternoon) and 7 February 2019 Thursday all day
The BAMB Consortium is pleased to invite you to participate in the Research Days of BAMB’s final event “Buildings As Materials Banks – a pathway for a circular future” (SBE19 Brussels – BAMB-CIRCPATH) that will be held in Brussels from 06 to 07 of February 2019.
This conference is part of the worldwide prestigious SBE19 Conference Series and intends to bring together researchers and industry experts from the entire world to exchange their ideas and research and showcase advanced technologies and innovative methodologies for the built Environment.
All qualified papers will be published in collaboration with IOP Publishers as open access papers in electronic proceedings form within IOP Conference Series Earth and Environmental Science (EES, http://conferenceseries.iop.org) and submitted for indexing by ISI (Web of Science) and Scopus.
A book of abstracts will be made available to delegates in an electronic format.
The participation in this scientific part of the event is subject to a registration fee. Participants and attendees may process their registrations through the following link: https://www.congressospco.abreu.pt/SBE19-36323.aspx .
Travel and accommodation costs for the participation in the SBE19 Brussels – BAMB-CIRCPATH event are to be covered by participants.
Template for oral presentation can be downloaded here.
- Only oral presentations will be held in the conference
- The language of the presentations is English
- Simultaneous translation will not be provided
- All slides should be in English
- It is strongly recommended to use MS Windows standard fonts, in order to avoid formatting and displaying problems
- Oral presentations are 10 to 15 minutes long
- Presenters are requested to come to the session room with their pen drives having their presentation 10 minutes before the beginning of the session
- Presentations have to be copied to the computer that will be available in the session room (MS Windows system + MS Power Point + PDF Reader)
- A conclusive discussion led by the session chair including questions and answers will be held at the end of each session
- All presentations will be published and made publicly available in the BAMB website after the conference
- Strategies and tools for the design of reversible and transformable buildings and systems;
- Design for high reuse potential of buildings and building elements;
- Design for adaptability;
- Digitalization in the construction sector to support circular economy;
- Design for reconfiguration of buildings and systems;
- Design for reuse of existing buildings, products and equipment;
- Environmental assessment and measurement tools for circular buildings and products;
- Environmental and economic impacts of reversible and transformable buildings and products;
- Efficient waste, resource and facilities management in the building sector;
- Management tools / mechanisms that support system, component and material reuse;
- Cradle to cradle strategies and materials health;
- Barriers and opportunities for a dynamic and a circular built environment;
- BIM to support greater reuse and recovery from demolition/deconstruction;
- Design for high reuse potential and BIM;
- BIM for existing buildings;
- Innovative business models around circularity of resources in the construction sector;
- Policies and standards for a circular built environment;
- Case studies.
The conference will be held at:
- Brussels Environment (IBGE-BIM)
- Site de Tour & Taxis
- Avenue du Port 86C/3000
- 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- 01 June 2018: Opening of abstract submission
- 15 July 2018: Second deadline for abstract submission
- 16 July 2018: Notification of the acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee and launch of the third call for abstract submission
- 09 August 2018: Third deadline for abstract submission
- 10 August 2018: Third call for abstracts – Notification of the acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee
- 07 October 2018: Deadline for paper submission
- 12 November 2018: Notification of the acceptance of papers by the Scientific Committee
- 05 December 2018: Deadline for submission of final paper
- 21 January 2019: Announcement of the Final Programme of the Conference
- 28 January 2019: Registration and payment deadline. Registrations with pending payments will be rejected
|Before 5th December 2018||After 5th December 2018|
|Standard registration fee||250€||350€|
|Student registration fee||125€||225€|
*Registration for the Walking dinner is done through the conference registration system. Payment upfront until 27/01/2019 by credit card only.
- University of Minho
- Campus Azurém
- 4800-058 Guimarães, PORTUGAL
- Tel: +351 253 510 242
- Email: email@example.com
- Prof. Luís Bragança
- Civil Engineering Department School of Engineering
- University of Minho
- 4800-058 Guimarães PORTUGAL
- Tel.: + 351 253 510 241
- Mobile: + 351 966 042 447
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://civil.uminho.pt
There is more activities going on that you might wish to register for:
This Industry Day is dedicated to share the BAMB tools and results with all innovation enthusiasts, stakeholders and industry players.
Visit the BAMB pilot Circular Retrofit Lab, that investigates and demonstrates how Reversible Building Design can prevent demolition waste when refurbishing existing buildings.
The BAMB Consortium is pleased to invite you to participate in BAMB’s final event “Buildings As Materials Banks – a pathway for a circular future” (SBE19 Brussels – BAMB-CIRCPATH), with three seperate activities
Technologies Technologies (ISSN 2227-7080) is an international open access journal singularly focusing on emerging scientific and technological trends and is published quarterly online by MDPI with an average publishing time of 50 days from submission to publication in 2017. It was covered by Emerging Sources Citation Index – Web of Science and Inspec (IET), more detailed could be found at: http://www.mdpi.com/journal/technologies/